About The Programme
On October 13, 2016, the Governments of Romania and of the Donor States: Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland, have signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the implementation of the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2014 – 2021. Through the MoU, the Donor States have allocated EUR 254,560,000 to Romania.
The EEA Financial Mechanism 2014 – 2021 covers several programmes aiming at reducing social and economic disparities in the EEA countries and strengthens the cooperation between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the 15 benefiaicy countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
In Romania, the institution which coordinates the management of the EEA Grants is the Ministry of European Funds, through the National Contact Point.
The Education, Scholarships, Apprenticeships and Youth Entrepreneurship Programme (ESAYEP), 2014-2021
The National Agency for Community Programmes in the Fields of Education and Vocational Traning (ANPCDEFP) was designated as the Programme Operator of the Education, Scholarships, Apprenticeships and Youth Entrepreneurship Programme, 2014 – 2021.
The ANPCDEFP implements the ESAYEP jointly with the Donor Programme Partners:
- The Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education (Diku),
- The National Agency for International Education Affairs (AIBA), Liechtenstein
They facilitate, as well, the contact with potential public or private partners from the Donor States.
The programme supports:
- The enhancement of the quality and relevance of education and training;
- Higher education student and staff learning mobility between donor and beneficiary countries;
- Cooperation and partnerships between education and the world of work;
- Professional development of teachers and focuses on specific concerns:
- Vocational education and training;
- Higher education student and staff mobility;
- Social inclusion at non-higher education levels;
- Democracy and citizenship education;
- The improvement for the situation of Roma population.
The Budget is 14.117.647 euro and consists of:
- 12.000.000 euro EEA Grants
- 2.117.647 euro national contribution.
Additional 150.000 euro may be allocated from the Fund for Bilateral Relations to strengthen bilateral relations.
The programme will provide funding for:
- Preparatory visits;
- Bilateral mobility projects;
- Strategic and small size cooperation projects;
- National projects that consolidate cooperation between VET schools and companies;
- National projects providing an effective inclusion of Roma children in school.
The programme starts in 2017 and ends in 2024.
The programme will strengthen bilateral relations between Romania and the Donor States (DS) through cooperation projects, student and staff mobilities, production of joint results and increased knowledge and mutual understanding.
Expected Outcomes and Outputs
Outcomes and outputs
O 1 – improved skills and competences of student and staff in Higher Education – through learning mobility
550 outgoing Romanian students
50 incoming students from Donor States
300 outgoing Romanian staff
100 incoming staff from Donor States
O2 – strengthened institutional cooperation in the Higher Education area, based on common needs
20 joint intellectual outputs
5 joint scientific articles
20 joint events
500 students & staff involved
O3 – improved skills and competences of educational experts (school inspectors, teacher trainers, counsellors) – through learning mobility
350 educational experts
O4 – improved quality of work-based learning
20 curricula re-designed to match labour market needs
75 partnerships concluded
300 VET trainers and tutors in companies and schools in learning mobility
O5 – increased organisational capacity of institutions to ensure an effective inclusion of Roma children
30 new optional curricula and teaching materials developed
35 school involved
350 teachers trained
1 000 Roma and Non-Roma pupils involved
400 Roma and Non-Roma parents involved
90% share of school staff who declare better skills/competencies regarding the Roma inclusion
15% decrease of the percentage of Roma pupils in the project experiencing discrimination in partner schools (from the part of the teachers and non-Roma colleagues)
90% rate of satisfaction of pupils participating in the extra-curricular awareness raising activities on inclusion
O6 – enhanced collaboration between Romanian and Donor States institutions involved in the programme
10 new higher education bilateral agreements
75 projects with partners from Donor States
History of the Programme
As of 2004, the ANPCDEFP was designated as the Programme Operator for the programmes in the field of education financed by the EEA Financial Mechanisms.
The two programmes, developed between 2004 – 2009 and 2009 – 2014, were implemented jointly with:
- The Islandic Centre for Research (RANNIS)
- The National Agency of International Education Affairs (AIBA), Liechtenstein
- The Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU)
- 2004-2009: the Scholarships Programme
The programme supported the incoming and outgoing student and staff mobilities in Higher Education from Romania and Donor States (both ways).
The programme started in November 2007 and ended in March 2011.
Budget made up of:
EEA Grants: 935.000,00 euro
Naţional Contribution: 165.000,00 euro
- 2009-2014: the Scholarships and Inter-Institutional Programme
The programme aimed at modernising the Higher Education in Romania by enhancing human capital and knowledge base.
- Increased higher education student and staff mobility between Romania and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Increased institutional cooperation between Romania and the Donor States
- Enhanced skills of Romanian student and staff through cooperation and mobilities exchanges
The programme started in March 2012 and ended in 2017.
Budget was made up of:
EEA Grants: 4,500,000.00 euro
Naţional Contribution: 500,000.00 euro
More information at: http://www.see-burse.ro/
Results of Previous Programmes
Outcomes and outputs
higher education’s staff mobilities
mobilities & projects
joint articles/ publications
joint summer school/ intensive programmes
who can apply
Connect with us
More information, more inspiration
ANPCDEFP, Splaiul Independenței, nr. 313,
Biblioteca Centrală a Universității "Politehnica" București,
etajul 1, Sector 6, 060042, București, România
The written, audio and video materials, including photographs on this website do not represent the position of the National Focal Point (the Ministry of European Funds) or of the EEA Grants Financial Mechanism Office. The previously mentioned institutions cannot be held responsible for their further usage. Any use of the written, audio and video materials, including photographs will specify the source: www.eea4edu.ro.
This website is optimized to be browsed with Google Chrome.