Quality practice – a chance for integration at the workplace
Project Promoter: Forest CollegeTransylvania Năsăud
Project title: Quality practice – a chance for integration at the workplace
Project partner: Ocolul Silvic Valea Șieului R.A.
Reception organisation in Norway: Stend Upper Secondary School, Bergen
General objective of the project: Ensuring a better employment for the school graduates
- Development of the organizational competencies for organising quality traineeships;
- Development of techniques for evaluating practical activities for integrating students into the labour market;
- Development of professional components for students in forestry qualification and forest exploitation by improving internships;
- Development of the capacity for cooperation with Norwegian institutions.
The project comes to support VET students and teachers from the Transilvania Năsăud Forest College and the economic agent Ocolul Silvic Valea Șieului R.A. in organising better internships, with an example of good practice of the Upper secondary school in Stend, Norway. In collaboration with the Norwegian institution, a 5-day study visit was organised, during which information visits took place at the economic agents that organise stages for students.
After the study visit we worked on the elaboration of a teaching portfolio containing learning materials needed to achieve a quality traineeship. This portfolio consist in: initial, ongoing and final evaluation sheets for trainees, training agreements between school, the economic agent and the trainee, a memorandum of understanding, letters of intent. There were also added 2 curricula at local decision.
There were 7 participants in the study visit, 2 of them being representatives of the partner in Valea Șieului and 5 specialist professors from the Department of Technology. The project management team was composed of the project manager, the financial management officer and the responsible for disseminating the results.
Prior to the study visit there were sorted out: the organizational activities, the project promotion, the selection of participants and a linguistic training for the selected ones, and the initial assessment of the pupils’ satisfaction level regarding the internships quality.
After the study visit the activities were carried out to obtain project results, activities referring to the exploitation of the project results and dissemination activities.
- Organizational competencies developed by participants in the study visit;
- Improved institutional capacity for organising quality practice internships;
- Improved training agreements between school and economic partner;
- The teaching portfolio;
- 2 Curriculums for local development
The long-term benefits are visible through a better managerial capacity in organising the educational process with good results of graduates in the workplace or continuing studies in the field.