2018: Job Qualification Through Quality Traineeships for Pupils in the Field of Mechanics (*)
Project promoter: “Jacques M. Elias” Technology Secondary School
Project partner: Economic operator Interagroaliment SRL
The hosting organisation in Norway: Gand Videregående Skole
Project Code: 2018-EY-PCV1-0007
General objective of the project: Quality traineeships to help students achieve suitable accommodation on the labour market
- Improve the quality of teaching and practical on-the-job training for the work field (learning at work) by the professional development of teachers, exchange of good practices at managerial level and the internationalisation of the institution.
- The practical approach to learning and matching skills acquired with labour market requirements, i.e. the economic operator, in order to increase employability of graduates in the field of mechanics.
- 7 teachers and 2 participants from the economic operator participating in the study visit in Norway;
- 9 teachers + entrants to the economic arm with developed skills in organising traineeships;
- 9 participants in the study visit with communication skills in English improved;
- 4 local curricula for the project;
- 1 best practice manual (guide to the tutors)
- 5 practice portfolios;
- 5 notebooks to be applied in electronic format;
- 5 learning agreements;
- 1 digital educational platform for the driver qualification;
- 1 comparative driver schooling guide;
- 1 project website.
The impact on the institution, due to the expected results, and the long-term benefits, consists of:
- Raising the prestige of the institution in the community;
- Increasing the quality of work-based learning, as measured by the insertion of direct beneficiaries into the labour market;
- A better match among the theoretical content with the practical part and the requirements of the labour market;
- The internationalisation of the educational institution;
- Improving the collaboration between the school and the economic operator.
For the pupils the impact consists of:
- Improved skills and practical abilities in the field of mechanics;
- Increased socio-employment rate of graduates qualified as mechanic operators.