2018: DID – Reshaping the School Life and Culture – CCD Bistrița
Project Promoter: CCD Bistrița Năsăud
General objective: To increase the educational experts’ training level and the knowledge of teachers through cooperation and partnership with similar institutions in NO.
- Developing the design capacity of training and teaching programmes, including evaluation and monitoring, with a focus on human rights, democracy and active citizenship;
- Improving teachers’ capacity to manage conflicts, democratically integrate diversity into a multicultural learning environment;
- Institutional development as part of a European educational network;
- Strengthening the European dimension by cooperation and exchange of practices with similar institutions in NO.
The Norwegian partners:
The European Wergeland Centre, Oslo – a resource center on education for intercultural tolerance, human rights and democratic citizenship
Human Rights Academy, Oslo – a non-profit organisation with the aim of working in the field of human rights and education for citizenship
Brainobrain Norway AS – an international center for learning and integrating diversity for children in order to develop their skills in a holistic manner
- Individually – improved trainers’ skills, aware of new strategies and educational trends, assuming responsibly their roles as builders of change. Developed teaching skills, focused on moving forward, able to cope better with conflicts and diversity, apply design and evaluation strategies and integrate better the students’ expectations
- Institutionally – better quality in training, better communication and cooperation, extended internationalization
Changed organizational culture in schools, safer inclusion of pupils and teachers with a different background.
Main results: A new course “Democratic School”, an international symposium, a guide of best practices in the area of democratic citizenship
6 trainers trained, 77 teachers trained in developing Democratic Schools, 7 local activities with teacher trainers, counselors/directors/inspectors.
Website – within the Proiecte section