2018: Democratic School Cultures with Teacher as a Change Agent – ISJ Olt (*)
Project Promoter: Inspectoratul Școlar Județean Olt
General Objective: Strengthening the capacity of the Inspectorate to introduce and promote the latest instruments of the Council of Europe for building democratic school cultures (DSC); supporting it in implementing innovative teaching-learning practices by learning from educational institutions in NO.
- Improving the inspectors’ competences of introducing and promoting the newest instruments of the Council of Europe regarding the DSC and supporting them in implementing innovative practices in teaching & learning by mobilities in NO educational organizations.
- Creating of a methodology of intervention in the teaching-learning-evaluation process that contains methods and facilitation techniques, useful for interdisciplinary projects that place the pupil in the centre of the learning process and promote a democratic school culture and human rights.
- Promoting partnerships between the RO and NO schools, supporting the exchange of good educational
- The European Wergeland Centre is a centre for educational resources for the promotion of the intercultural understanding, human rights and democratic citizenship.
- Newschool is an organization specialized in the creation of instruments for facilitating learning and innovation in education.
Impact: Two mobility flows supported the inspectors in improving their learning competences by promoting interdisciplinary projects.
Main results: An intervention methodology in the teaching-learning-evaluation process with useful methods, facilitation techniques and instruments for developing interdisciplinary projects in schools that place the pupil in the centre of the educational act and promote a democratic culture and human rights.
Statistics: 3 inspectors trained in DSC and human rights, 4 inspectors trained in facilitation techniques, 2 structured courses, 4 dissemination workshops (150 participants), an optional course promoting DSC and human rights, using facilitation techniques.