2018: School prepares active citizens
Project promoter: Casa Corpului Didactic Timiș
Project code: 2018-EY-PMIP-R2-0001
The project “School prepares active citizens” was designed to increase the intercultural dialogue, to make teaching a culture of democracy and to give young people all the tools they need to acquire the skills to build a pluralistic society based on solidarity, democratic values and human rights and to live together as active and responsible citizens.
Main objectives of the project:
1. Increasing the number of teacher trainers with advanced skills in the field of education for democratic citizenship, human rights and intercultural dialogue.
2. Developing the competences of 100 teachers through 3 continuous training programmes.
3. Developing the competences for democratic culture and intercultural dialogue among students from Timis County.
4. Developing a kit of innovative educational resources for teachers in the field of education for democratic citizenship, human rights and intercultural dialogue.
3 types of activities:
1. training programme for teacher trainers and 3 accredited continuous training programmes for teachers
2. activities in schools that are designed to develop the competences for democratic culture and intercultural dialogue among students
3. educational resources development activities.
Results: acquiring competences in the area of democracy, human rights, citizenship and inclusiveness by teacher trainers, teachers and students in Timiș County. 120 teachers and teacher trainers will disseminate in various ways the knowledge and skills acquired in the training sessions of the project and in the school projects and activities that will be carried out.
The most important long-term benefit refers to building a democratic culture in Romania, based on a set of attitudes and behaviours that emphasize dialogue, cooperation and active participation in community.